DC-Area COVID-19 Fatalities (Through 9 April), Change in Reporting Methods

As discussed in previous posts, geographic details on Virginia's COVID-19 fatalities is difficult to attain, and as such, I'm going to switch to VDH's daily fatality count for the "Northern Region" of VDH's "Health Planning Regions"Conveniently, the jurisdictions in this region are the same ones that I use for my own definition of Northern Virginia. The one silver lining is that this will allow me to get the fatality data updated more frequently, and I hope to begin including this information in the daily updates for the coming weekend.

Note that VDH data at the county/county-equivalent level stopped becoming reliable after 30 March. As a result, I've updated the Virginia fatality county using the "Northern Region" figure retroactive to 1 April. Unfortunately, because I forgot to grab the figure for regional 2 April (at the time, I was trying to still keep up with county-by-county fatalities), I had to repeat the 1 April figure (12 fatalities). By 3 April, I was regularly grabbing VDH's regional fatality totals.

9 April Regional Fatalities: 143
Maryland: 71
DC: 38
Virginia: 34

Maryland (71)
Frederick County: 4
Montgomery County: 29
Prince George's County: 35
Charles County: 3

District of Columbia (38)

Virginia (34)

Data since 6 April (see this blog post for data up to 6 April):


DateMarylandDCVirginiaTotal DC Area
7-Apr-20532722102
8-Apr-20643223119
9-Apr-20713834143


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of the Road

February 3-9 2022 Update

February 2022 Summary Statistics